Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Around the Philippines in 26 Days?

Most people I know love to travel. They look forward either to visiting popular destinations or to discovering hideaways off the beaten track. I used to belong solely to the first category until my friend Veron introduced me to Carlos M. Libosada's "Twenty-six Days Around the Philippines," which she found very useful in navigating her jaunts while she was on out-of-town assignments. For instance, she marvelled at how she got to see a tarsier in Bohol in the late '90s by simply following the author's advice to look for Mang Lito, who took care some of these tiny primates.

Convinced, I got a copy from Bookmark, also the book's publisher, in 1993, and fell in love with it as well. I told myself that I would likewise travel around my home country though not necessarily in 26 days. I even kept a Wow Philippines promotional material in the book's inner back cover's pocket to aid me in locating the sites that I'd someday visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment